The Resurgence of Racing Blood... / Part Two

by OZ

Tokyo4:30 PM – the day after

Upon the arrival of .59 from his vacations, OZ gladly cheers up. Finally he’ll take some rest. Even if the situation is not one of the best for it. Day after day he’s battling the «Tokyo Fastest» team in a no night rest basis, trying to keep’em as the second fastest team over the kanjou line. Alongside him on the battles was Groundride. The only other member with a car capable of its Wangan duties, making their selfs the teams honor protectors while .59 absence. Stefaan and Tchuck were out of commission. Their cars were under tuning development, while ZAP and Wiseboi were out due their personal life living.

Two cars, against a team of tuned exotics… damage were bound to happen.

OZ’s car was looking more like a train wreck under the hood. Constantly pushing the engine to it’s limits to top several Ferraris and Lamborghinis, and having no real time to make the necessary repairs over it. The last races were becoming more dangerous that they were used to be from times to times. Brakes, gear failures, turbos malfunctions, overheating problems… one night even the wing was showing damage due a intentional collision during a race. But he kept going on, doing whatever was possible to race night after night. Groundride was no different, but still his car was in better shape since he could rely a bit more on his germanic Porsche technology to suffer less from races.

Even though .59 came up with a new ride, it’s still the 3 of they against a team of 6 exotics. No easy task at all. At the garage he finds OZ with a laptop connected to his car engine CPU. He was tweaking it a bit more, the last night lost wasn’t expected, which means that they have pumped that F1 a lot more. “Money talks and makes”… both though…

“So, what are you up to?” .59 asks, looking over the command lines on the laptop screen.

“I’m trying to correct some imperfection over the sparkplugs timing, as well editing the valve time to work better with the turbo… their efficiency are not 100% like they used to be…” OZ replies.

“How much pressure they are working now? Says .59 looking at the damaged turbo gasket.

“1.7 bar at normal and 2.5 with over boost… it overheats a lot but the engine is hanging, and since I have only one race at night, it gives time to cool it off.” OZ responds with his mind buried on the laptop.

“Yeah, I know, but still it’s too much power thrust to the chassis, you know that the mirage chassis can’t handle that all the time. Even with all the reinforcement you made, it wasn’t developed to hold all of it all of the time. But no problem, you can take it easy now, I’ll take on that F1 and handle their ass on a silver plate tonight.” Says .59 while opening the engine bay of his newly Diablo for an inspection.

“Sorry, but, no. The F1 is mine!” Says OZ pausing his work

”Are you nuts?” .59 looks astonished. “You got the guts, but you don’t need to prove it to us anymore, besides, you can’t take on him forever… sooner or later you’re gonna screw yourself.”

“It’s a risk, and I accepted it by the time I joined. I’m not backing up from him, and letting you race him tonight will make me look like “I’m not up to fight no more and need you guys to cover me up”, which you know it’s not true. Every night these guys show up, boasting their cars with the last technology available on the market. Trying not only to take our title, but also trying to put us down bad. And every night we do the possible to show’em that technology is nothing without ability. Besides, there’s something more behind this. I could sense it from the beginning, and one of these days I saw something that you might find interesting.”

“Yeah? What?”

“I was driving in the airport district in my cube. I went there to get some suspension parts I ordered from my shop back in
Brazil, I arrived at the customs office and waited till my order was ready when something caught my attention. I saw the workers unloading a red cargo container with a Ferrari logo on it. I kept myself thinking about which model could be inside and which rich mofo would be he lucky owner of it. They opened the container door and started to pull the car out. For my surprise, it was a marvelous brand new black enzo. I kept cursing the lucky mofo who owned it for having such a car, but my legs weakened when I saw the owner… it was he, the leader of the «Tokyo Fastest». He jumped in the car and moved it to a trailer under the “Ocelot Race Shop” brand, which now I believe is where they tune their cars…”

“A enzo? Crap, not that my Diablo can’t easily take on it, stock enzos are fast, but still beatable…” .59 think aloud.

“Who said stock? Look at this…” OZ grabs file folder inside one of the tools closet and give it to .59. It’s a bunch of surveillance pictures from the “Ocelot Race Shop”, where they can see lots of really highly tuned exotics and a completely striped black enzo. “Uzer’s ordered it, he said it was about time to us to know more about what we’re are facing, and so far, the prospective it’s nowhere good… take a look at these pictures, they were took yesterday…” OZ says as he gives .59 another folder filled with pictures…

.59 remains in silence as he browse the folder… his expression clearly shows that the situation is worst than he thought…

Continue...

No comments: